Local Line is a fast-paced start-up that’s building a next-generation software platform to take local food from the farm to the table, and we need a Product Designer to join our team!
Local Line serves all types of farmers, food wholesalers, and farmers' markets. They use Local Line to sell all types of food to their customers -- including households, restaurants, grocery stores and schools.
Local Line experienced significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company currently has more than 7,000 farmers across North America using its platform.
You’ll be directly responsible for designing the features our farmers use every day to run their businesses. You’ll be expected to gather product data, occasionally talk to customers, and prepare informed designs according to the roadmap plans.
You’ll work with all areas of the organization, but you’ll be working especially closely with the engineering team. We follow agile methodologies and work in two-week sprints. Your design work will be scheduled in harmony with our development process.
In addition to managing designs for the Local Line platform, you’ll be responsible for making changes to our marketing site (site.localline.ca).
- Leverage your product, interaction, and visual design knowledge to create delightful experiences for desktop and mobile that empower local food sellers and buyers.
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing, and sales to create experiences from the initial concept to engineering-ready high fidelity prototype.
- Collaborate on user research projects to inform new platform features and refining existing features.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on website design and updates.
- Ad-hoc design related tasks (e.g. marketing website maintenance, presentation slides, etc.).
- Perform QA testing to ensure product requirements are met.
- 1-2+ years of experience in product design is preferred.
- Passion for food, farming, and creating a better food system.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and leverage UX research, user flow diagrams, journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics to create an outstanding user experience.
- Familiarity with interface design tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, web design and app development tools such as Webflow and Bubble.
- Experience with frontend development is an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly using visual & verbal communication methods, to articulate your design solutions & rationale.
- Excellent eye for detail, aesthetic design, and usability.